Monday, July 10, 2006

Homesick

I'm homesick a lot lately. More than I ever expected to be. I guess before I left DC I didn't think about how homesick I would get. I miss driving on the streets I drove on in DC. I miss going to the places I liked to go to in DC. I miss going to my gym in Pentagon Row. I miss going to Champps for karaoke night and laughing at the people and getting messy sundaes with Amy or Dan. I miss staring at hot Arlington cops. I miss wandering around outside memorials and feeling patriotic and relaxed. I miss sitting at the tidal basin and watching people go by on peddleboats. I miss making enchiladas with the crew. I miss "wednesday night dinners" any night of the week with G and Dan. I miss rolling on the ground laughing with Evildoer in the kitchen over retarded jokes we make up. I miss exercising with Amy and catching up while we ride the bikes and laugh at the weirdos that pass by in the gym. I miss getting dinner every week or two with Renee, my carefree AU buddy. I miss hosting parties at my apt and playing hostess to all my friends from over the years and welcoming new people. I miss the warm humid air at night where it wraps you up and relaxes you. I miss "Mr. Storm" coming to get you! I really miss crab rangoon from the local chinese restaurant that "provides a unique." Unique what?? I miss running on TR Island. I miss working in Georgetown. I miss Dupont Circle and the yummy restaurants. I miss cuddling up on Amy's fluffy couch and having girl talk for hours on end. I miss LOST nights at my old apt on the big screen with Dan, Amy, Howie, and Les. I miss laughing uncontrollably with Amy and Les in public places (namely nice restaurants) about retarded things while Howie stares confused. I miss deep late night talks with Gordo. I miss James Bond movie nights. I miss the family that surrounded me in Arlington, the family that I long for now. I miss far too much about DC. And what's even more weird is that Amy and Howie will no longer be there soon too....

No comments: