Saturday, July 29, 2006

It's Late

I'm in CT right now and it's damn late at night. I think I'm tired, but I don't know if I can sleep. It has been a really weird trip for me. I flew in to CT on July 20th and then I drove down to DC on the 24th and left the 27th. I had such a great time seeing everyone in DC. It was weird, I was driving on streets I used to drive on all the time and my memory was failing me as to where I was going. How can I forget streets after only 5 months?? I think I was partially in a brain-fog while I was there, it was confusing for me to be in DC given recent homesickness. I loved being there, but it made me really sad too. I'm super glad I got to see friends and see Amy while she's pregnant and see Dan and G's new place (which I can't believe how well they are getting on without me....wtf is that????).

I have 2 more days in CT and then I fly back to SF. I am really happy I get to see friends and family here, but I am also really excited to get back to my life in SF and work towards making it better and making myself happier. It has been confusing being on the east coast, but I think it also has provided a bit of clarity for me. I've been wanting to run back to my life out here and I haven't been living my life out there. I don't want to leave San Francisco regretting not taking advantage of it and not doing what I meant to do by moving out West. I feel a renewed sense of purpose for why I moved out West and I intend to use this time to advance myself in all the ways I want to. I really do miss my DC family and everyone out East, but I also know I need to finish living out my dream of living on the West coast, and do it right.

So, I watched a girly movie tonight. My little sister and I went to Blockbuster and we picked up the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. OMG, SO cute. I really liked the movie, it made me cry numerous times....which sometimes a good cry can really help release a lot of crap inside you. I've been watching a lot of silly chick flicks recently, I dunno why, something inside me draws me to them lately. I watched The Family Stone last week and Rumor Has It the other night. Both were also good, esp The Family Stone...another tear jerker. And quite unexpected. Anyway, the Sisterhood movie was freakin adorable and also reminded me of how even though I live far away now and everyone's live take different paths, we will always find time for those that are most important to us and they will always be a part of us.

Probably time to try to get some sleep... I can't be as lazy tomorrow, I have to get up for a 50th surprise party which is at noon (I slept til 2pm today...lol) and then hopefully see all my CT friends again later before I head back to SF on Sunday night.
xox.
B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey B, I'm so sorry I missed your party. I'm hoping to come and visit you in SF one of these days. Take care, and talk to you soon.