Thursday, August 03, 2006

Earthquake!

Felt my first earthquake today ever! It was a lil after 8pm. I was sitting at my desk in my bedroom. I noticed my desk started to slowly shake. My first thought was "hmm...maybe someone downstairs is doing something to make the floor move." Then a split second later I look over and my bed starts to shake and the shaking is very smooth back and forth for about 10 seconds. Then it slowed down to what felt like a mere tremor...or perhaps it was just me feeling the memento of the quake. Either way, I know that earthquakes can be dangerous...but it felt kinda cool and it was actually exciting to experience that feeling. To see everything around you kinda waving and hear the earth make these strange noises was definitely a new and interesting experience.

Let's just hope another 1906 doesn't happen soon and I end up in the ocean (seeing that I live a block away...)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sure the baby earthquake was kind of cute and cuddly, but just wait until the big mama earthquake shows up and rocks your world. I'm glad that everything is ok. I hope that you don't get another 1906 because it would suck if you ended up in the ocean.