Thursday, August 03, 2006

Unbelievably pissed

I got a letter in the mail from the CT DMV to renew my license - which expires on my bday, Sept 1. Included was a little notecard that said "Our files show that your license is under suspension" and that I cannot renew until I get it cleared up. I am totally BAFFLED. For one, I haven't been pulled over in probably 3.5 years! For two, I've NEVER received a suspension notice for anything from the CT DMV. I called my mom and she went down to the DMV for me today. Luckily, our friend used to run that DMV so she knows other people there and didn't have to wait in line and was able to ask and find out the problem really fast.

Apparently, my license has been suspended for 3 YEARS and they never told me due to a ticket I got in FL which they SEEM TO THINK I never paid.... but I DID! I paid it 3 years ago! I was living with Ben at the time. I got the ticket in spring 03 when I went to FL with Reilly and the wench pulled me over for hitting my brakes so I could switch lanes and not hit the unposted construction in my lane and move behind that car that was riding my side. She claimed I was driving crazy and I was tired and needed to let Reilly take over (it was like 7am on the way down to FL from DC). The ticket was only like $70!!! I paid it years ago!!!!! And SOMEHOW CT got wind that I had this ticket and thinks I never paid it. Now I have to SOMEHOW dig up info that proves I paid it.... I don't even remember where I got it! I don't even think I have the ticket! I can only check with my bank and try to find the check I used. Clearly I paid the damn thing cuz they would still be coming after me!!! AHHH I'm SO annoyed!

So here I was, sitting at my desk at work crying like an asshole as my mom tells me this bc I'm so frustrated and my license EXPIRES in less than a month and I find out its been suspended ALL this time and I wasn't freakin notified. I'm REALLY PISSED.

We'll see what I can dig up tonight. Then I have to worry about getting it corrected BEFORE my bday and then see if I can get this damn 3 year suspension OFF my record bc it clearly is a damn error.

ARRRRRGGGGG!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brenda,
Nearly the same thing happened to me while I was speeding outside of Atlanta visiting a friend. I was 20 years old and my court date was right before christmas (I was spending it in CT) and figured paying the ticket was cheaper then buying a plane ticket to show up in traffic court. What they didn't tell me: if you get pulled over going over 15 miles over the speed limit in GA (people were passing me on the highway at this speed) and you are under 21 your GA DL gets suspended. And guess what? They didn't even notify me of the situation until a year and a half later when they were looking for more fines to re-instate my DL. I ended up resolving it, and paying some hefty fines to GA, but fortunately CT never was notified. I very much dislike the DMV system!!

Les said...

that is as bad as my DL being suspended for drinking a latte in the metro :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow...I can't believe that could happen. I really hope you'd be able to prove that you paid that fine a long time ago. Cheer up =). I'm sure you'll be able to straighten this out. I believe in the power of being BRENDA. I read your comments on my blog, and I really appreciate your thoughts and comments. Keep them coming! I feel your close when I read your blog or when I see you came and visit mine. Take good care, and love you tons...Karen

Gordon Simonett said...

any more movement on this shitstorm?

Gordon Simonett said...

any more movement on this shitstrom?